Tuesday, January 13, 2009

SOMETIMES I GET STUCK ON A TITLE

A title for my blog, that is.

We had such a fun weekend! We ended up not going to the youth bon-fire. It was windy and hubby got home late. We went out to dinner with friends instead. Saturday was Meg's bridal shower. Her 18 yr. old sister and two other friends were the hostesses. I'm pretty sure when I was 18 or 19, I could not have pulled off such a feat. Look at this spread they had for us:

The cakes came from the grocery store! I couldn't believe they weren't from a fancy, schmancy bakery. Here's a pic of Meg & her mom, Kim. She is one of my closest friends here. I'm so thankful for her friendship. Truly a blessing to me.

You would never know this gal could have been killed in the "brick incident" in May. We laugh at how the press referred to it as that.

Sunday at church, we commissioned the folks going to the new campus. Church will be held in a school for them for a couple of years while the church is built. It was odd looking at them knowing they are on a mission of sort. They'll leave their comfy pews for school chairs. The set up crew will begin at 6:30 AM every Sunday morning to set up for the service. Then they have to take it all apart and put everything back for the school.

I'd appreciate your prayers today for a couple of things. Hubby's mom is having some health issues. She was diagnosed with neuropathy a few years ago. She spends most of her time in a wheel chair/scooter but can still get around with a walker when she needs to. She had a procedure done last week that was supposed to help her, but to make a long story short, it didn't work. They now have to decide what to do next. She's very discouraged because this was kind of a last ditch effort to help her not be in so much pain.

I woke up Sunday morning with TMJ. I have not had it since 1999 and was pretty surprised when it came back. It went away Sunday but is back today, much worse. It hurts. Alot.

Finally, congrats to my amazing nephew, David, on his new job. Praise the Lord!

Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying.

Those cakes are so beautiful!

RamblinRealtor said...

That table is beautiful! Praying for you my dear.

Al's World said...

Thanks for the congrats...I think he is pretty amazing too! I will give grandma a big extra hug from you when I see her..it is so amazing, she is in so much pain, but you would never know it, she never complains, always has a smile on her face, I love her so much! Praying for the TMJ, I don't know what it is amount mouth pain, but when it is hurting, it is really hurting! Love you, it was great to talk to you!

Growin' With It said...

tmj...ugg. poor thing. hope you and your MIL find comfort and answers soon.

Beverly said...

I'm away from the 'puter for a while and you have so much going on!

You did need our discussion on TMJ except this case was braces-induced. blech

Praying for you and D's mom. Health issues are never fun. Love you, girl!