Friday, January 9, 2009

A NEW DAY!

The Sooners lost (again). I live in Texas (still).



The good news? I finished in 4th place out of 23 in my College Pick'em game. Most importantly, I beat my buddy Steve who makes me play every year!

I've been taking a picture every day. Maybe I should make a new blog just for pictures. Nope, that would be one more place I HAVE to go. I took this picture on Wed. I couldn't get the whole sky but it was beautiful.


This is what Bailey looked like during the game last night
And her playing with her bone...daring Minnie to steal it
I'm going to got take pics of Jordan's room as soon as I finish here. I'll post them next week.


We have a lot going on this weekend. Tomorrow I'm going to a bridal shower for a sweet, sweet girl. She has an amazing testimony and I'll try to make it fast. One night in May, she was driving home and a kid threw a brick at her car and it hit her in the face! She was able to pull over (she was only minutes from her house, in a lovely, safe neighborhood) and call her parents. After several surgeries, she's left with just a small scar. It was all over the news and if I can figure out how, I'll post a link to the first Sunday back at church. She's an amazing gal and gives God all the glory. The TV station used to have a link, but they've taken that particular one off. Odd how they kept up the initial story, the followup and even the arrest of the kid that did it but took down the one filmed inside church. Anyway, that's another post all together. Her shower is tomorrow and I don't know what to wear!

Tonight, we're going to a youth bonfire.

I won't be able to breath for days.

Sunday at church, we're commissioning the 60 or so people that are going to start our new campus.

And finally, I'm posting a song for my sweet friend Marcey. He knows my name. Not only does He know our name, but all our heart's desire.


Happy Friday everyone!

4 comments:

Growin' With It said...

what an incredible story! now i am more curious for that link!! it is such a blessing to see the other side of a story like this.

i agree with keeping the pix on your intial blog. i don't have time either to maintain 2. unless i give up reading others and well, that ain't happenin'!

have a good weekend and fun "smoking" tonight! ☺

Al's World said...

I remember you talking about that sweet girl, I am so glad that her story has such an amazing ending...God is so awesome.

On the other thing...NO!!!! I can't believe it happened again, but we played well, and I almost cried when they showed Bob's face. I hope we don't lose him, b/c even though our track record isn't good he still has taken us to FOUR National Championships is nine years...just like the song: I am Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die I'll be Sooner dead...

Love you!!!

Yolanda said...

Laura,

How are you this evening? Warm in Houston?

We were extremely windy here...and I missed out on the game last night as our group started Esther.

Lovingly,
Yolanda
Higher Grounds

Beverly said...

Wow - what an amazing story. I would love to read about it, too.

Tell Bailey that's what all the OU fans that were at my house looked like at the end of the evening, too!! haha