Shordie is what my bff Darlene and her daughter Brittani called Jordan when he was a little sprout. This post started off as a birthday post to him, but I'm feeling a little weepy today thinking about "stuff" and I might change my mind and blog about her instead. Yep, I'll be right back......
It all started last night when I was going thru the photo albums looking a cute pic of Jordan in honor of his birthday Saturday. Here he is at 10 months walking, er, running. We should have known right then he was going to keep us on our toes.
While I was looking at the albums, I came across so many pics of our friends from OKC. We've known the S family since 1985. We were in SS class with them and we have remained best friends with them in spite of us moving seven times. They were Clint's first visitor's when he was born in Tulsa. They made several trips to Midland to see us and it was like a dream come true in 1997 when we moved back to OKC. We bought a house a few streets away from them and our kids, for the first time, were in school together. Here's a pic of D & B and J and me in 1991.
Anyway, they started calling him Shordie, rhymes with Jordie. B got in trouble in KG's class in 5th grade for calling him that. She thought B was insulting him. I had to explain it was a loving nickname, not an insult. We still call him that and they always do. I miss them terribly. We try to get a quick visit in as we pass thru on our way to Tulsa during the holidays. Here they are at Christmas.
I admire my bff Darlene so much. She's been a special ed. teacher in public school for over 20 years. And she's married to Steve lol.
We took J out to birthday dinner at Fogo de Chau. That's the ridiculously expensive Brazilian meat restaurant. You know, they bring the slabs of meat to your table and serve you. Yum, but does anyone really need that much meat at one sitting? Clint gave him gifts in the Hello Kitty bag and a hilarious "little girl" birthday card. Don't know what he was thinking, but it was really funny. Jordan was a very good sport too. Paybacks though......
I have a feeling his senior year will fly by now that it's mid January. You can bet I'll be whining to you a lot and will ask you to pray for me.
High today....75!
Monday, January 19, 2009
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHORDIE!
typed all by herself... SoonerAggieMom at 8:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I love the song..."Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold."
What a blessing to still share such a special friendship with an "old" friend.
What a fun evening y'all had. Love the Hello Kitty sack & girly card. ;)
isn't pink the new cool color for guys? and 75? hey, share a little will ya!
That baby picture of Jordan........that is too precious! Happy Birthday to him, btw, since I missed it while I was on my hiatus.
I am always meeting people who know Darlene and my hubby still talks about them from time to time. Great family!
Post a Comment