Monday, November 3, 2008

THE BIRFDAY POST

I had a wonderful day Saturday. Thank you for the greetings btw. My sister and in-laws sent me cash so that was a great way to begin the day. I got my nails done. They were a mess. I stopped at the garden center on the way home to buy some pansies. It's still too warm to plant them here, but I planted them anyway. Will have to water them daily for a couple more weeks. Hubby took J and me for a quick supper. C had to work after the Aggie game so he wasn't going to be home until late. I got some really cool gifts. J gave me this solar powered garden globe



It glows at night. He said they had an orange one but went with the green since orange is a no-no color down here. Not the bright OSU orange, the OTHER orange.
Hubby gave me this giant pop-out card. We started giving each other pop-out cards many years ago. The bigger, the better. I don't think he even reads them but buys them as long as they pop-out. This one popped out AND unfolded! Woo Hoo!!

We aren't serious-mushy card givers in our house.
Hubby also gave me my first Harley clothing item.
Now I'll look cool next time we go riding. He gave me a ride to meet my friends a couple of weeks ago when we went to the scarecrow festival. One of the gals commented on my yellow t-shirt and said it didn't look very tough. I also had on keds which probably wasn't very tough either.
MY SWEETIES!!!
Bailey wasn't ready
We went to lunch after church yesterday to finish off the birthday celebration. Oh and I almost forgot, Hubby & J bought me an enormous cake from a fancy schmancy bakery. It was delicous!
C brought me a new coffee mug and a bag of Starbuck's breakfast blend. He's so funny. He's developed into a coffee mug freak. He buys them all the time. I bet he has 20 that he's picked up at odd places.
Here's a pic of J and his girlfriend. Aren't they cute? She went to lunch with us on Sunday.
The workers are back again today bright and early. I'll spare you a construction pic today.
Happy Monday....one more day of the Beatles Birthday song for ya.

2 comments:

Growin' With It said...

a bday weekend with your guys? who could ask for more. looks like they were good and spoiled you.

Cara said...

Looks like a great little party! Jordan & his girlfriend are so cute too!