How I wish I lived in OKC where I know two gals who take awesome photographs. I had J's pics done a couple of weeks ago. I used the same British photograher as I used with C. She's great and back in 2006, was extremely affordable. She posted online so you could take a peek before going to choose the pics. I take this very seriously! It's an investment and a once in a lifetime thing. This time around I decided to have the pics done in the fall (was actually thinking J would still have his lifeguard tan, but she was gone a month then booked until the end of October) so I wouldn't have to deal with it in the spring around graduation time. So we went and had a fun time; I thought it was fun anyway. She took over 100 pictures, with changes of clothes, inside, outside around her country house, by the horses, the pool, etc. Then as we're getting ready to leave, her assistant tells me I need to schedule the viewing appointment. I said "Oh it makes it so easy to look at them online first" to which she replied in her proper English, "Sorreh luv, em not doing that unymore".
I almost choked.
Her.
Seems it was taking too long for folks to chose the pics even with them being available to look at. Aarrrrhhhhh!!! Okay, I'm a responsible, maybe a little flaky mom and can do this. After all, I'm only going to spend hundreds of dollars on these pics, right? So I go back the next week and watch the slide show. I cried. It's the music that does it. I struggled with this like crazy. J didn't go with me 'cause he was sitting home with the construction workers. I finally made my choices; spent way, way too much money; got home with my thumbnail pics only to hear from hubby "this one is a weird color" and from J. "this one looks like a regular pic". I had it with 'em both! Swallowed my tears and decided I'd make ANOTHER appointment to try again. So that's where I'm off to this afternoon.
I'll letcha know how THAT goes. J is going with me this time.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
CHOOSING PICTURES....AGAIN
typed all by herself... SoonerAggieMom at 12:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Just buy them all and tell D he's color blind....
aww laura, you know as a mom y-o-u are the ones that will cherish these the most so i say stick with your gutt and spend away girl. this is a big moment for your whole family and i'm sure they'll look back and be glad.
I know exactly what you mean about pictures - I'm the same way. It's like capturing time in a bottle except it's in picture form.
So, I'm with Marcey - get them all!!!
Sounds like fun...not that I'm a pro or anything, but that's why I take 100-150 photos & then just put them all on a CD & let the Seniors print whichever ones they want on their own. I hated having to choose mine, there were so many good ones we just had to pitch. :o(
Oooo...buying pictures that you will love and cherish for a lifetime. That is a lot of stress. Pick the ones that you like the best....boys don't know what they are talking about anyway!
Post a Comment