I have a friend hurting today. She's confused about a situation that seemed pretty clear a couple of days ago but obviously God has other plans for her family. Clint was fortunate to go on a mission trip years ago and his youth pastor posted the following blog while they were away. In my opinion, it's one of the clearest examples of God's vision being perfect while ours is not. Sorry for the repost. Hopefully Rob won't mind I've used his words....
"While driving around the parking lot looking for a place to park the bus, we had to turn down, between two rows of cars. Maneuvering the 57 passenger bus is no easy feat, especially when it's a tight spot. Through the mirror I was watching the side of the bus getting closer and closer to the car on the end of the row. I could tell the bus driver was getting a little nervous about hitting the car. In that moment my father, who was driving the van behind us with a clear look at the car and the bus, came over the radio and said, "you've got plenty of room". He then began to call out how far away we were. "You've got five feet..four feet...three feet...keep going,...you got it". Now from my vantage point I was willing to bet money (well not really bet money) that we were already on top of the car. From the limited vision I had in the mirror I was wincing just waiting for the impact. But my father had a clear, unhampered view. It was tough to go against what my eyes saw and not shout out, "STOP!!" After we got parked and got off the bus I thought about how our Heavenly Father always has the better vantage point. He always has a clear picture of our lives and every obstacle around them. And our vision is always limited. We don't see things the way He sees them. So what we must do is simply trust His voice and respond in obedience, even when we think we see something different with our own eyes. We must overcome our limited vision and learn to hear, trust and obey that voice of the One who sees everything.
We're praying for you, sweet friend.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
PARKING THE BUS
typed all by herself... SoonerAggieMom at 9:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
EXCELLENT analogy... gonna be hearing that in my heart all the live long day
i totally remember this story he wrote on their blog during the trip. oh how beautiful. thank you laura for such a perfect example today for my eyes to be upward and not around me! you are a true friend girl and i love ya!
Awesome example! I found your comment on Growin' With It. I'm so glad I followed it over! Love your blog. Hope you don't mind if I follow!
That was wonderful, such a wonderful story! One time in Sunday school I was blindfolded and David had to lead me and I had to only listen to him and he would guide me around the room and back to my seat. At one point someone said, duck b/c he thought I was going to hit something, out of instinct I did but didn't need to b/c David could tell I wasn't going to hit it so didn't say anything, just like in life, God will guide us not to hit our head, we don't need to listen to those around us, just Him.
awesome reminder that God knows what is best. Thanks.
I remember that, too!!! It's as wonderful today as it was then and so fitting for our friend.
You truly do have the sweetest spirit!
And it sure made me miss the O Fam a little bit more.
Post a Comment