I started thinking about the first election I voted in. It was 1984 and I proudly cast my ballot for Ronald Reagan and George Bush. I lived in Ada, Oklahoma and I voted at Wintersmith Park. Do you remember where you first voted? I can also remember going with my mom to vote at the girl scout hut in Lindsay. I can still see her use the rubber X to stamp her votes. Then I started thinking about all the other places I've voted....my church in Owasso, my kid's elementary school in Moore, some other kid's school in Bakersfield lol. I took Clint with me in 1988. We had just moved there. He was 8 months old and I didn't know anyone to leave him with, so he went too. We have video of him playing in the floor with the presidential debate going on between Bush and Dukakis. Wonder whatever happened to him? I see Bush at Astros baseball games (on tv, he sits behind home plate...I sit no where near home plate) and even saw Barbara Bush sitting at a stop light one day!! I wanted to knock on her window and wave but thought that might scare her and the security detail would arrest me. Anyway, I also remember voting in Midland at a school. I had BOTH boys in tow that time and J. was awful!!! Now I vote in Tomball at the public works building.
Where ever I live, I'm grateful for the chance to vote.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
DID YOU VOTE???
typed all by herself... SoonerAggieMom at 11:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I can't remember where I first voted (I'm lucky to remember where I voted today!!) but it was 1992 and I voted for.....................Clinton!!!
My Dad nearly had a stroke when I told him! I was young and really had no clue what I was doing. He sure sounded good back then...
me too...this year seemed like i was so much more grateful of my freedom than every.
Post a Comment