Monday, November 10, 2008

MIND IF I RANT?


This is what I looked like after grocery shopping Saturday morning. I NEVER shop on Saturday because I'm convinced that's when people shop who have no brains. With the workers here all week, it was the only time I could go. Why do people park their buggies (btw, we call them buggies down here, not carts) on one side of the aisle then go study the salad dressing on the other side of the aisle? Now they're blocking the path of the already crazy store! And why give me a dirty look when I so very sweetly say "excuse me" when I try to get past? Don't the same rules follow as driving? Drive on the right side. And don't even get me started on folks that take their entire family shopping. I'm talking about mom, dad, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers and 14 kids! Holy moly, I felt like I'd been to Wal-Mart the day after Thanksgiving! And how 'bout the parking lot? My store has an over abundance of cart corrals where you're supposed to take the buggie back after unloading it. There are two on each side...in other words, there's no reason to leave it in the middle of the lot. I saw several able bodied MEN leave them! Whoa, it was all I could do not to whistle at them and tell them to put them where they belong. My store also has an area where they cook for you and hand out samples with the recipes. A lady almost elbowed me in the nose while I was waiting my turn for the sample of "Vera Cruz tamales".

I came home and announced I would NEVER go to the store again on Saturday morning. No one heard me except for the animals though. D. went on a bike ride and J. was still in bed!

Well, I feel better now. I feel a little ashamed for ranting as Alicia's blog about looking for powdered sugar and rice comes to mind.

Happy Monday everyone (and stay away from the crazy lady at the grocery store)

4 comments:

Beverly said...

You go girl!! Say it for all of us!!

I used to go to the grocery store after I got off a 3pm - 11pm shift at the hospital thinking "who would be at wal-mart at midnight doing their shopping?" Well...it's not any better - the babies are just screaming then because they should be asleep!

So I'll make a pinkie pact with you right now to never, ever shop on Saturday!

Growin' With It said...

no way! i had the same kind of post written last week about an insane decision to grocery shop on a saturday. i never posted it, but it is good to go back and read it to remind myself of how idiotic it was. the sobering part is that i shop at a store that is cheap, cheap, cheap and so the clientel is what puts me over the edge. good for these secluded eyes to see the real world and their need for a good smile now and then.

they'd get one from me if they'll just move outta the way from my reach for the cereal box i want!!

Cara said...

Oh I totally know what you mean! Tanya & I went to Wal-Mart last week & saw a guy park his cart literally 5 feet away from the cart return. We were both sort of shocked.

I also feel your pain on the whole family thing. In NM that was like THE thing to do, entire aisles would be crowded with families age 2 to age 85. Complete nightmare.

Al's World said...

I am so with you! You know what I dislike more than anything? When people barely push the cart in the carrier thing in the parking lot and no one tries to push it in right and so after only like four carts, they are sticking out in the parking lot, that is my BIGGEST pet peeve. Hang in there! This is why I go to the stor during SAHM time, no one is there!