Monday, November 17, 2008

I've been trying to think of something interesting all day to chat about. I'll do the factoid Linda mentioned later. We had a pretty quiet weekend....that happens when there are no kids around. Our church hosted a ladies holiday banquet Friday night. I helped decorate our "alto" table Friday. The gal I was helping is a decorator and we had one of the coolest tables there. Btw, this is no small banquet. There were over 700 ladies there! Our table had a '50s theme that you can't really see in this pic

That's a record player in the center. You remember those? You put a record on the turntable, put the arm thingie with the needle on it on the record and music comes out a tiny speaker. We also had pick-up-sticks, jacks, rock candy and all sorts of other '50s things scattered on our table. It was fun. Have I stopped lately to say how thankful I am for my girlfriends here? Very thankful.

Saturday was one of the most relaxing days I've had in a long time. Hubby has had major carp at work lately and he sat in his robe drinking coffee until 11:00 just being quiet and resting. We went to wally world to pick up his rx sunglasses, ate a quick lunch at sweet tomatoes, went to the harley store (it never ends) then tried to watch a little football on tv. There weren't any good games on til late. I'm in a "College Pick'em" game on espn with a couple of friends. I started off the year terrible (the week of the hurricane, I didn't even look at what I chose) but have been doing better the past 6 weeks until Sat. and I missed 5 of the 10 games! At least there's no money involved....only pride.

Sunday was a wonderful day of worship at church. They split our choir into halves and I now stand next to the drum cage (poor guys have to sit in a box). I just reread that sentence and realize it doesn't make any sense. The musicians are between the choir. Does that make sense? Singers on the ends? Music in the middle? Anyhoo, Sunday afternoon D & I drove over to College Station to take C and his new gf out to lunch. Remember all those blogs from the springtime when he and the other girl broke up? He's been dating a new girl (her name is Hillary, his name is Clinton, how funny is that?) that we like pretty well. J. got home around 10:00 pm. He went to Baton Rouge with his gf's family and went to the LSU game. They even bought him a t-shirt. I told him that shirt would probably get lost in the laundry like the socks do.

Which brings me back to Monday afternoon. We had another flooring guy come give us an estimate for our floor. The last guy was supposed to give us a great deal and if that's a great deal, we're not gonna put anything up there. It was outrageous!

Happy Monday everyone.

6 comments:

Growin' With It said...

so do you mean "fantasy football" cuz if you do, i'm not sure i can keep reading your blog. i am a fantasy football widow and harbor great bitterness towards the idea!

bwhaha! just kiddin'...about the not reading your blog part that is.

sounds like an eventful weekend. love on that poor hubby of yours. it'll get better...right?!

Beverly said...

That sounds like a perfect weekend to me! Did you catch the OSU game? That would be the cherry on top, right?

I'm so glad about Clint's new gf. The name thing cracked me up! I'm gonna e-mail you soon about these older boys of ours. I need advice. Is the dr. in?

O Fam said...

Hooray for quiet, relaxing weekends!

Interesting thoughts about the choir being split and putting the band in the middle....must be for sound purposes.

Glad to hear the boys are both doing well!

O Fam said...

Hooray for quiet, relaxing weekends!

Interesting thoughts about the choir being split and putting the band in the middle....must be for sound purposes.

Glad to hear the boys are both doing well!

Anonymous said...

Hi - nice to meet you too! Thanks for stopping at my blog and commenting.

Too funny about the names. Loved that table!

Cara said...

No worries I wasn't really aware until like this week, so you're not the only one! I just started the first book today.