Friday, October 31, 2008

PROGRESS

They started working on the house yesterday! Two guys worked all day to get the old sheet rock down from the drive-thru.

This is under J's room. I like these guys. Not only are they putting the house back together, but I can actually understand them. There's usually a language barrier between me and whatever person is working on the house. My Spanish is not a lot better than their English.
OUT WITH THE OLD!!
IN WITH THE NEW!!


THE TRASH SO FAR

MINNIE'S HIDING FROM THEM
We bought a new ceiling fan last night. It's black and sorta contemporary looking. I think J will like it. He wanted to paint his room red. Our kitchen is red, but D. said no to the complete red bedroom. I don't know what color to choose now...maybe a dark gray?? He'll probably veto that too. Any suggestions?

Tomorrow is my birfday. I'll be 44. Lately I've been feeling every day of it too.
Happy Friday and have a great weekend!


4 comments:

O Fam said...

I know you must be so happy this work is getting done! I hope it goes by quickly and easily for you!!

Growin' With It said...

this is your birthday song...not very long...HEY. now if only you could hear me sing that song it would be funnier. thought about you last night as i crawled in bed after a big day of partyin' around our house for ani. wondered what your big plans were for today?

whatever you do to welcome mrs. 44...i hope it is beautiful...just like you my dear friend!

happy birthday laura,
linda

Bailey said...

Happy Birthday to you!
I hope your day is wonderful.
:)Lisa M.

Beverly said...

YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS YESTERDAY?????!!!! Hope it was fabulous just like you.

Ya know, 44 is the new 30, right??

I have recently seen a gray bedroom for a boy at the Marshalls and it was quite snazzy! So I say - go for it!