Friday, October 3, 2008

FIVE THINGS I'VE LEARNED FROM BLOGGING

This is tough for me. I began blogging not for some theraputic help, but as a way to keep up with friends. Anyhoo, here's what I've learned so far.....

1. Complete strangers will pray for me.
2. I will pray for complete strangers.
3. I've discovered I blog the same way I talk...fast and don't make a lot of sense sometimes. I also switch back and forth between present tense and past tense.
4. I've learned I don't know all the blogging rules. And some I know, I choose to ignore.
5. I SPEND WAY TOO MUCH TIME HERE!!!

And now a few things I wish I knew:

1. I wish I knew how to make my blog pretty. I can tinker with a myspace page and make it look outstanding but this is much harder to figure out.
2. I wish I could think of something entertaining everyday.
3. I wish Bailey and Minnie could write their owns blogs. Wouldn't you like to know what they say?
4. I wish I could stay awake later and read blogs at night. (however, Jordan is usually on at night)
5. I wish more of my Okie friends had blogs to read.

And now something totally unrelated.....
Several months ago I stumbled (actually God led me to it) upon a blog of a friend I went to church with in Owasso, OK in the '90s. While I counted her as a good friend, we lost touch after they moved to Arkansas. This gal was diagnosed with lung cancer and is keep a daily blog on living with it. It's http://vickidees.blogspot.com in case you would like to take a peek. I know, just what you need....another blog to read. Oh, and have you heard this song? Those Australian Hillsong peeps just keep writing amazing music!

Happy Friday everyone!

3 comments:

Growin' With It said...

there is such things as bloggy rules? psh...not in our little circle girl! thanks for playing.

and the song on here is beautiful. makes me wanna stand on a mountain, raise my hands and smile as big as I can!! trust. what a hard one for me. but oh so worth it!

i will check out your friend's blog. i love the support blogging friends can be...its time to give back!!

Beverly said...

Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. We've learned some of the same things!!

I'm so glad you started a blog and I started a blog and we can keep up through them.

Going to read your friends blog now!

RamblinRealtor said...

I'm working on my 5 things too....it could be awhile I'm slow!
BTW--I've played that Hillsong over and over and over...what CD is it off of?? Love it!!