Tuesday, October 21, 2008

IT'S A SLOW NEWS DAY

Not much going on around here this week. Hubby is out of town; C. is having tests this week; J. is busy with his girl; Bailey is chasing the squirrels and Minnie is sleeping (like usual).


I stumbled upon a blog that you might find interesting. On my bloglist it's Rockette 388. This is a blog from a beautiful young lady I've known since she was 5 years old. They were our neighbors in Owasso then they moved to Albuquerque. Actually they moved up to the mountains in Sandia. It's with them we used to go snow skiing. They moved back to Owasso last year. Rockette's dream has always been to be a Radio City Music Hall Rockette. She auditioned as soon as she turned 18 and almost made it. She auditioned again last summer and DID make it!! Her parents took her to New York in Sept. and she's busy learning the dance numbers for the Christmas show. Can you imagine being 19 and living your dream? She lives a few blocks away from RCMH and rehearses there everyday for hours at a time. To say I'm proud of her is an understatement.

Just thought I'd share.

Still waiting for the contractor to call me to let me know when they can start work. Here's what the room looks like today

I like how the fan is holding up the ceiling. Everyday I go in and more insulation has fallen down. I've stopped sweeping it. What's the point?




We received the insurance check Saturday. Yep, that's good news except it was written to us and the mortgage company. Now we have to send it in to them with about a zillion papers for them to process before they will release it back to us 1/3 at a time. I don't get paid enough for the work
I'm doing with this claim!

Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Growin' With It said...

grooovy song! and the holiday season would not be complete w/o the rockettes. what an incredible adventure for your young friend.

ahh the continuing "fun" you are having since nasty Ike. maybe the check will come just in time for christmas!?

Beverly said...

I'm afraid that fan is going to be in the floor next! Ha!

Insurance. Can't be without it. Can cause cursing.

RamblinRealtor said...

Tht rooms brings new meaning to adequate ventilation!
New paint and green plant...who needs drywall?
Hang in there!