Not Grace as in "she's so graceful, like a swan" but "she's so clutzy, how does she walk daily". Friday I got a wild hair I would use my hand held portable vacuum to clean up around the computer. It's gross around here...crumbs, bits of paper, dust, etc. So I put the vacuum on the desk and bent down to plug it in. Instead, I pulled the thing down onto the top of my foot! Did you hear a scream Friday morning? It was me! I immediately hopped to the kitchen to get the ice/alcohol bag we keep in the freezer (not a good sign). I hopped back in here and THEN took a peek at my foot. All I can say is UGGH! The bruise was already about two inches tall and a good three inches wide. It looked like an egg under my skin. The thought crossed my mind about possible fracture but I removed it quickly. I kept the ice on it 15 min, propped it up, took advil. Did RICE without the C. Today, it's better and a lovely shade of purple. I actually took a picture of it, but couldn't bring myself to gross you all out. So I deleted it. You'll just have to take my work for it...it's ugly. And it hurts.
Then on Sunday, I reached down to pat Bailey on the head. She zigged when I zagged and her tooth hit the top of my hand. Now there's an ugly bruise on the top of my knuckle.
Why am I so clumsy? This happens to me all the time. Jordan and I were shopping last week and he dropped a hanger on the floor. I immediately stepped on it and it slid. I almost did the splits! If there's a hole to step in, I do it. A wrinkle in the carpet? yep, I find it. I fell off my shoe in the parking lot at church last Dec. the day of our Christmas program. I stood an hour praying just to get through it. We sang the song last week practicing for this year's program and it was the first thing that popped into my head...I was singing this song with a hurt foot last year.
Geez. Think I should just stay in bed.

Then on Sunday, I reached down to pat Bailey on the head. She zigged when I zagged and her tooth hit the top of my hand. Now there's an ugly bruise on the top of my knuckle.
Why am I so clumsy? This happens to me all the time. Jordan and I were shopping last week and he dropped a hanger on the floor. I immediately stepped on it and it slid. I almost did the splits! If there's a hole to step in, I do it. A wrinkle in the carpet? yep, I find it. I fell off my shoe in the parking lot at church last Dec. the day of our Christmas program. I stood an hour praying just to get through it. We sang the song last week practicing for this year's program and it was the first thing that popped into my head...I was singing this song with a hurt foot last year.
Geez. Think I should just stay in bed.





8 comments:
oh poor bailey, is her tooth okay? does she need dental surgery? did you put an ice pack on her mouth?
bwhaha, just kiddin' ya. you poor thing. i was looking to see if you'd post a picture but i will take your word for it.
and the clutziness? no advice, just pity. good thing you are so beautiful inside and out that no one notices your bumps, bruises or falls!
oh no. that sounds so painful! i am always stubbing my feet on one thing or another... because i'm always barefoot (at least that's what everyone blames it on).
my b/f is as graceful as you... so i have totally sympathy for you!
she finds EVERY little way of getting hurt. makes me so sad :(.
i think you should share the lovely colors on your foot! i just planted purple pansies this week... we can compare the shades.
teasing :).
btw - thank you for being so sweet to comment on the photo blog. reading your comments always makes me smile :).
have a beautiful rest of the week,
mary
Oy, I know the feeling. :o\
Glad you found me!! I love your fall theme, very cute. Will we be seeing you around the holidays this year?
Oh no! I, for one, would have loved to see a picture of your foot but I'm just a little twisted like that!
I think I'm just the opposite of you. I never get hurt! I am so overly cautious maybe. Weird, huh?
May your ice packs be cold and your Advil potent! (and just lay on the couch!)
There's an ancient secret that says if you lay on the couch and eat Reece's peanut butter cups your foot will feel better!!
I think it's in the Farmer's Almanac too.
There's an ancient secret that says if you lay on the couch and eat Reece's peanut butter cups your foot will feel better!!
I think it's in the Farmer's Almanac too.
Post a Comment