Monday, March 9, 2009

WEDDING WEEKEND NUMBER TWO

I have a list a mile long of things I should be doing right now. BUT, as promised, here are a few pics from Heather & Aaron's wedding. First of all, Heather is the daughter of my best friend in OKC. We've known her since she was in 4th grade. Our families immediately hit if off in 1997 when we moved back to Oklahoma City because of Jordan and Bobby being the same age (Bobby is Heather's little brother). We've watched this girl grow from this

to this (with her sweetie last summer)

She is the first of my friend's little kids to get married. I teared up at the wedding, but not when I saw Heather. Nope, when I saw her MOM lighting her candle! I was afraid I was going to make that awful noise you make when you're trying to be quiet and not cry. I got it together though...no icky noises made.

We saw so many friends there. It was a little overwhelming to me because I haven't seen many of them in the six years we've been away except for a couple of times at church. But, we haven't been back to church since Memorial Day 2005. I saw lots of folks at a funeral in 2007, but that was so sad, it was hard to visit. Soooo, here's a few pics, especially for my out of towners, er out of staters and out of the countryers (I made up that word) Sadly, I didn't get many pics of the bride and groom....it was very dark in the reception (at the Petroleum Club) and I missed the cake cutting (talking in the overflow room). Here's one of Aaron taking off her garter.

I wish you could see the back of her dress. It was beautiful!

This is Clint and Matt N. They were laughing about Clint being taller than Matt because when we moved, Clint was about a foot shorter than him.
Two of my favorite friends... Kristi & Sue. We're posing with the cake. Kristi is Ryan's mom, who is Clint's best friend. We had lived here two weeks when the two of them as well as Charlett (mom of the bride) and Bobby (Jordan's best friend) showed up at my house on my birthday. It was a total surprise and probably the best surprise I've had in my life!!! They were so sneaky. Dewayne was in on it and told me I needed to be home at 10:00 because he was having a surprise delivered. I figured it was a new rose bush...we don't do flowers, but instead, rose bushes. Charlett called me to wish me happy birthday. While I was talking to her, the doorbell rang. When I opened the door, Bobby was standing there with the three of them behind him, Charlett still talking to me on the phone!!! I tear up now just thinking about it. Sue and I became good friends when she worked for me at Hallmark. Her hubby Dave, was in the pic I posted a couple of weeks ago "kissing" Bev's hubby at Falls Creek. Here's a pic of him and Clint. I don't know what they're talking about...

This is my friend, Twyla. She also worked for me at HM. She lost her son in Iraq (the funeral I attended as previously mentioned). I think this lady would give you the shirt off her back if she thought you could use it. I think of her every day.

This crazy guy is Ronnie. Most people call him Ron, but to us, he is Ronnie. He & Dewayne went to college together. He hung out with D's brother, but occasionally showed up at our apartment next door too. We had lost contact with him and were so happy when we stumbled upon each other at church one day 15 years later.

Here's the parents of the bride. Don't they look happy? They are who we're going on the cruise with in June. That's me and my bestie right there. I've shed a few tears lately wishing I could've been there with her as she planned her daughter's wedding. I'm not sure why I look like I don't have any makeup on. Maybe because I'd put on my makeup and fixed my hair at 7:00 AM, driven to OKC from Houston, then walked outside and remembered I was in Oklahoma when the wind almost knocked me over.

Finally, especially for Linda & Alicia

I had no idea the C's were going to be there. What a wonderful surprise it was to see her! We talked about the two of you and how much we miss our friends.

So that's about it. I'm calling Charlett today to see how she's doing. And LM, if you're stalking, lol, we didn't get to chat much. We'll have to make up for it at the lake this summer. I loved your pink shirt btw.

Beverly, we were in Collinsville Saturday which is 5 min. away from Owasso. If I'd known you were going to be there, I would've came to you but didn't read your comment until this morning :(

Whew, I've gotta get busy now. Thanks for staying with me in this long post.

5 comments:

Growin' With It said...

i was doing my usual moaning and groaning inside myself reading this post and looking at the pictures. then when i got to kristi, i did one of those out loud groans...the kind where henry came pouncing over to see what was wrong. funny. but sad. love seeing you 2 together in that one.

my goodness those O's looked so fabulous all spiffy like that. and that petroleum club...glamorous. what a beautiful place to celebrate this sweet young love! thanks for including me in on the fun thru pics!

Bailey said...

What a fun post! It was great to see you and lots of sweet friends that we miss. The M fam looks forward to some lake time with you guys too. See you soon!
Lisa

Beverly said...

What a fun trip down memory lane since I don't get to see any of those peeps often enough any more! I know the time you had with them was way too short for you!

Heather was a beautiful bride and the O's are stunning parents.

Who knew we were so close to each other this weekend?!?

O Fam said...

YEA!!! I love pictures of event I wish I could attend, but couldn't because, well, I'm here. Thanks so much...you look beautiful and so do all the friends. Thanks for the pic of K!!

And LM....ever the stalker, but I see she commented which is a step up for her, but she did it under her daughter's name...hmmmm.

valerie said...

How fun! You look beautiful.
This brought back memories of a couple of years ago at my daughter's wedding. I've never seen her happier.
It was so wonderful to see all the people who have been a part of her life there.
I know you felt the same way.
I love the Petroleum Club. My husband's nephew's wedding reception was there a few years back. The view is amazing.
I'm so glad y'all had such a great time and were able to visit with so many friends. I know it meant the world to your best friend to have you guys there.
The cruise will be so much fun. I bet they're ready after planning a wedding!
Have a great week!
p.s. I got a kick out of your comment about the Redbud tree not blooming b/c of protesting about being in Texas. ha!