I feel I need to thank valeriechris.blogspot.com/ for prompting my Oklahoma state tree, the Redbud, to bloom. She posted beautiful pictures a couple of days ago and mentioned the Redbuds blooming. I told her my brother in law had brought us one from his yard years ago and while it had grown into a nice summer tree, it hadn't bloomed yet. Well, take a look at this
Yep, finally has blooms on it! I told her I thought it was pouting about being transplanted to Texas and was refusing to bloom (friends, you know where this post is going). I can relate to this tree! I pouted for about three years and refused to bloom after moving down here. Oh, I tried a little bit, but gave up too easily when I didn't make many friends at first. I'm very thankful God didn't give up on me even though I had given up on him. I was convinced people just weren't friendly here and since my kids were almost grown, I wouldn't have the same opportunities to make friends like I had before; homeroom mom's, school events, soccer and baseball practice, etc. Even my old standby, church choir, didn't go over so well. Turns out, I was in the wrong church choir! I have many friends now, even the dry cleaning lady knows my name. AND, I finally found a hair stylist! Woo Hoo!!! Thank you Lord!
Look who decided it was summertime and went for a swim
Happy Tuesday!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
IT'S ABOUT TIME!
typed all by herself... SoonerAggieMom at 12:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I love going to weddings - that one looked like fun!
So it is warm enough to have water in your pool? Nice!
i can picture the trees along (okc)134th street in my mind and it makes me smile! what a beautiful analogy laura. it's dear to my heart cuz i feel the same way. and the blossoms in you are gorgeous! ☺
That is so funny Laura.
I was just telling my husband how your Redbud had never bloomed. He said some don't bloom (either male of female??) he couldn't remember which. That's what he said anyway ?? :) so, I was all ready to tell you that your tree must be a male.
That's so funny that I got on here and read that it bloomed.
Your pool looks so refreshing!
It turned SO cold here this afternoon. It's crazy! One day we're wearing short sleeves and flip flops and the next day sweaters & boots!
Crazy!!!
Anyway, I enjoyed your post. Great analogy.
First of all - I would like to jump right in that pool with Bailey!!
Thanks for the analogy - I can relate, as well!
Post a Comment