We've lived in Houston a little over six years now. Something I've discovered about Texans is that they take their bluebonnets (flowers, not hats)very seriously. Every year about this time, you start seeing stories in the newspaper, on the news, etc. about where to go to look at them. We took a short drive last year, but it wasn't a good year and frankly, I wasn't impressed....until this year. Hubby and I took a little drive Saturday. Here's what we saw




Aren't they pretty? We also saw families with their kids dressed up in Easter type clothes. I told D. if my boys were little, they'd be right out there posing too. This was about an hour away from our house.
My mother in law put together photo albums for her three kids. They are pics from her personal collection and she had enough to divide the originals between the three of them. D. saw something on our drive that made him want to look at the albums when we got home. J. is amused at the old photos and I couldn't resist taking a pic of my own, for my online album, of course.
Bailey, the squirrel killer, guards them lol.Happy Monday everyone.



3 comments:
I do love a girl who says "thangs"!!
Those photos are beautiful. I can see why Texans are so proud of their blue bonnets.
so was this trip on the back of a harley??? and did you have your motorcycle blue bonnet on? gorgeous photos. and the family albums, what a special gift!!
Beautiful pictures!
Post a Comment