Whew, what a week! Between our anniversary, Clint's birthday week (why did he get a whole week?) and my girlfriend and her daughter coming for a visit, I feel like I need a week to rest.
My friend, Pam and her daughter Natalie came for a visit. Pam was one of my best friends when we lived in Owasso in the 90's. We recently reconnected thru facebook and have spent many hours catching up. We drove down to Galveston and I was pleasantly surprised at how the beaches looked. The Strand, which is the oldest part of Galveston and a major tourist attraction is slowly recovering from Hurricane Ike. Many stores are still closed but there are definately signs of life now. Here's a pic of us at the beach

I promised her I wouldn't put it on facebook, but didn't say anything about not putting on my blog :)
I thought this was a pretty shot

Remember in January when Clint gave Jordan the little girl card and gift bag for his birthday? Well, it continued with Clint's birthday too. We do some really stange stuff around here at birthdays. We relight the candles and have the person blow them out twice. We sing Happy Birthday TERRIBLE!!! I mean, the more awful it sounds, the better it is. We've made babies cry before. Do you do anything odd for birthdays?

Oh I almost forgot. We went to the Houston Rodeo Saturday. We were given free tickets to see Brooks and Dunn in concert after the rodeo. Jordan went three times....he's into country music right now. I only knew a three or four of their old songs.

Aren't they cute? 

There were a few people there
And finally, how would you like to meet up with this Easter Bunny? He was HUGE!!

And finally, how would you like to meet up with this Easter Bunny? He was HUGE!!
Happy Tuesday everyone



4 comments:
that easter bunny looks more like the abominable snow man!!
we sing bday songs AWFUL too!
I'm glad you and Pam were able to reconnect and that she was able to come for a visit. Cute picture, by the way. It's good to hear that Galveston is recovering. That was SO sad.
Your boys are too cute....I love dimples (the kind on the face...not the kind I have...ha!!!)
My husband and I call our family and friends on their birthday and we sing "Happy Birthday" to them. At the end I harmonize and we've been told we're pretty good. ;) I can only harmonize on certain songs & that's one of them.
Sounds like you guys have a fun-filled life. Good for you!
Glad you enjoyed the concert.
Blessings & love,
Valerie
Looks like a fun week!! Birthdays, concerts, friends, and the beach....what more could a girl ask for?
How much fun did all that all look?
It is so cold here - going to snow tonight - that beach looks so yummy.
We have the donut cake on birthdays and since that can happen as early as 6:30 am, the singing is unintentionally awful!!!
Post a Comment