Thursday, March 5, 2009

PHOOEY, THEY LOST

Our boys basketball team came up two points short of victory last night. I guess this will be the end of J's cheerleading. They arrived at the game last night all painted up, conch shell in hand.

However, this school district wasn't nearly as much fun as ours....shirts had to go back on and conch shell had to stay outside (he would blow into it and make a really loud noise. He teases Bailey with it all the time). At one point, we were losing 16-5 but came back to tie it, then go ahead, only to lose with 5 seconds to spare. The gym was so crowded, they stopped the game and made everyone find a seat in the stands which meant the "cheerleaders" weren't nearly as obnoxious as usual.



It is HOT here today!! I'm so happy!! I just came in from watering the flowers and telling them it's time to get busy growing.



I'm so excited about our weekend. We're heading to Oklahoma City tomorrow for the wedding of our dear friends' daughter. We'll get to see many friends we haven't seen in years. Since hubby's family moved from our hometown, our visits to OKC are few and far between. Usually just a drive thru actually. I can't wait. Pictures to follow Monday.



I found out this morning a dear friend may be coming to see me at spring break. It's been a while since we had company other than family. When we first moved down here, people came quite a bit. It's been pretty slow in the past couple of years though.



Have a good weekend everyone!


4 comments:

valerie said...

It was around 80 degrees here today. Very nice, but SO windy!!!

I think tomorrow is supposed to be warm too. Yay!

I'm sorry your team lost! Sounds like a great game though.

Enjoy being with your OKC friends this weekend!

Beverly said...

If that's an invitation.......I'm in! I've stayed at Laura's B&B before and it was heaven!

I'll be in Owasso this weekend while you're here. :( Who's getting married?

Hope you have a great time. Will you go to EHC? Aren't I full of questions??

Jordan - always a cutie!

Growin' With It said...

the game was THAT intense and they didn't have them take their shirts off? sheesh. what kind of sports are they?! oh those games like that...nail biters, literally! sounds like it was fun.

so, you know i'm expecting LOTS of pictures from this weekend, right? have a fabulous time and i'll try not to be too jealous.

♥ya!

O Fam said...

I can't wait to see WEDDING PICTURES!! I know it was beautiful!

Hate those last minute heart-break basketball games, at least it wasn't a blowout!!