Wednesday, December 10, 2008

O CHRISTMAS TREE...ONE DAY LATE

I guess this means I don't win the caramels? Oh boo hoo.

Here's the tree. It's brand new this year. The previous fake one was from 1997. It met it's maker in 2006 and last year we bought a live one. This one is pre-lit and had better last at least 20 years!
Before Bailey, there was Rocky the beautiful Sheltie. When Bailey is naughty, I say "Rocky would NEVER have done that"
My mom didn't keep a lot of stuff but she kept this stocking ornament. When I was in Kindergarten, it held the treats from the class party....1969. The ornament next to it was my Grandma's. I don't have many things of hers but this is a cherished possesion. It's from the '50s. To the left you can see a crayon ornament. I started collecting this set from Hallmark in 1988 for Clint's first Christmas. They stopped the series in 2006 and I have them all. Jordan's ornaments are still an ongoing series started in 1991. They are puppy dogs. I forgot to take a pic of them.
The homemade ornament on the left is Jordan's from 4th grade I think. It's made from a Christmas card. He took one my aunt sent and you can see her signature on it. The one on the right is one of my mom's. Again, I don't have many things from her, but I remember when we got these ornaments when I was a little girl. They were F-A-N-C-Y!
Here's a sneak peak at tomorrow's post......
Maybe even a video if I can figure out how to download it. I'll also post a couple of bedroom pics but I'm so far behind this week.
Okay, I just realized I downloaded the pics centered instead of to the left and now everything is goofed up....my week has been like that. Just use your imagination and pretend everything is in the right place.
eek I can't even think that far ahead.

2 comments:

Growin' With It said...

is that santa's elves in the last shot or what? oh boy is my curiousity up now. ahem, and 1969/kindergarten. you young thing you! beeeautiful tree laura. i would love to sit with bailey and stare at it in wonder!

Beverly said...

That tree and your ornaments are just fabulous! For a minute, I thought you were going to say Ike took your tree, too!! I was ready to grrrrrrr again for you!