Were the only two songs we can think of The Eagles didn't sing Monday night, which was sad because "Already Gone" is my all time favorite Eagles song. No pictures because it was supposed to be "no cameras allowed" but I saw lots of flashes going off. I should've smuggled mine in. However, we were sitting in the nosebleed section, so pics probably wouldn't have worked. I guess D could've taken a pic of me singing with the 20,000 other fans. I haven't really paid much attention to The Eagles in probably 20 years, but have to say this was a concert I didn't want to end. Everytime they'd start a song, I'd be surprised because I had forgotten about it but I knew all the words. Well, except for the Joe Walsh songs and I still couldn't understand them with him singing live. Do you remember "Life's been good to me so far?" They showed vintage clips of them in various stages of their lives. I'm guessing they must all be close to 60 years old and seeing their wild hair from 1975 really made us laugh. My brother is 55 and I can still hear the music coming from his bedroom! I mean when I was growing up, not now. However, he IS a retired DJ and I bet he still listens to it. Anyway, I really didn't realize until listening to them sing for over 3 hours how good of vocalists they really are. Tight harmonies, lots of oohs and ahs and the guitar music....oh my word....amazing!
The concert was originally scheduled for Sept. 10th which we all know was three days before Hurricane Ike turned things upside down at my house. It was worth the wait. Now if I could just get the flooring guys to work a little faster, I'd be pretty happy! They've worked two solid days on the tile in the bathroom and I don't see how they'll be finished today unless they really get a move on. The carpet people are starting tomorrow....can you imagine what the upstairs will look like? Speaking of which, I'd better get a move on myself. Someone has to move all the breakables and clean out from under the bed.
Any volunteers?????




3 comments:
so why do you think no cameras were allowed? funny. maybe they don't want the world knowing how OLD they are! oh, but i'm not saying that about you, ya know. that'd be horrible. ☺
music is such a big tool that moves my heart and so i loved hearing how you soaked it all in! how fun.
happy •rubbing your barefeet through the fuzzy carpet• when it comes!
HOW FUN!!! I could just see you and D up in the nose bleed section enjoying every minute of it! I love good concerts where you know every lyric of every song and memories flood back into your mind....good times!
That sounds like a fun flash-back night for you! I agree with Linda about music and enjoying it through your post!
And, yes, I'm playing catch-up on all my blog reading. It seems like I can never sit at the computer long enough to read lately!
Post a Comment