(Insert cute Thankful Thursdays logo here)
After Tuesday's pitiful post, here's a little cherrier one:
I'm so thankful for:
1. My Savior
2. My family. Hubby goes from being Mr. cool to Mr. panic in the blink of an eye. But I love him none the less.
3. My church. Ya'll that have been reading know how I struggled with this one. For the new folks, we moved to Houston in 2002 and it took until 2006 to find a church we liked for all the obvious reasons.
4. My choir. So many large churches are using Praise teams only. Not ours. We are squeezed in like sardines at 2nd service. What would it take to get another row of risers? The funny thing is we in choir think we are the praise team. They just don't have enough mics to go around.
5. Bloggy friends. How odd is it they we talk to total strangers as if we know them? Pray for them. Laugh at their stories and share in their sadness?
6. Warm weather. 'nuff said there.
7. My paid for automobile. I don't take that for granted at all.
8. Planning our cruise with our friends in June. We're going with our BFFs from OKC. I cannot wait.
9. My Wed. morning Ladies Bible Study. I've been going to weekly Bible studies since 1994. When I'm not participating in one, I don't like me so well. Our church in Owasso used to have craft time after the Bible study. One time, someone had the brilliant idea we could make baskets. Never will I say "basket weaving" in a sarcastic tone. That was stinkin hard!!!
10. Flower catalogs. I love to garden. I love taking my sweet tea outside and studying all the pages of the beautiful catalogs. Remember the post about the bird of paradise? (I tried for an hour to get the link to work and have decided I'm just technology challenged when it comes to that but it is from July 28, 2008 if you want to look at it)I can't wait to see if there will be TWO blooms this summer.
Happy Thursday Everyone.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
THANKFUL THURSDAY
typed all by herself... SoonerAggieMom at 10:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I think the computer ate my comment!!
I am thankful for you. And your polka dotted layout. Both make me happy!
I am also waiting for the Bird of Paradise to bloom. I'm living out my gardening dreams thru you. Pansies are about as exotic as I get.
And a cruise...have you seen Titanic. 'nuff said. Is it the O's you're going with?
thankful posts always make me smile! and stop to think about what i'm thankful for! you are one on my list. ☺
I enjoyed learning more about your life.
I wish I was in Houston right now. It's about 30 degrees here and windy! The sun is out though.
I love your new background. Blue & black together is so pretty.
Have a great weekend. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. It's just been a draining week.
Tonight I'm going to see Kenny G with my daughter. That ought to be soothing and relaxing. :)
Love,
Valerie
About my latest post and me not taking my camera to the concert....we took our youth to Winter Jam one year and I had my camera in my purse and the people searching my purse made me take it back to the bus! During the concert people were taking pictures all over the place.
That's why I didn't bring it at all last night. It said clearly on the ticket they were not permitted...I didn't want to have to go all the way back to the car in case. Oh well.
It really was a good concert.
I'm looking forward to a better week. This last one was a doozie ??sp??
Have a good one too!
Valerie
Just stopping by via Valerie...hope you don't mind.
I always love reading people's Thankful Thursday posts. We really have alot to be thankful for don't we!?!
I certainly know what you mean about being a better person when you are involved in a bible study. I've gone on either Wed mornings or Tues nights for years now but took a break last year. I miss it terribly. I miss studying the Bible on a regular basis and I miss the friendships. I'm just a better person when I'm in God's word!
i♥u but i will be even more "Thankful" when i see another post!! miss hearing about your day to day!
Post a Comment