Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Romans 12:2 reminds us "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God".

After I sent out the word last week that my hubby needed prayer, I was amazed at the number of emails and comments I received from my friends praying for him. I also made that my prayer request at Bible Study Wednesday morning. I am happy to tell you he's doing much better this week! Spiritual warfare was present all week and I felt the battles between good and evil with him (no, he wasn't battling with me).

Hubby's family is notorious for hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I've been trying to un-do this thinking for almost 27 years now. Some days it works, some it doesn't. That's when I put out the call for prayer. Thank you for praying for him.

Seems like many folks I know are fighting illness. Do you feel like that too? Serious illnesses. I've lost count the number of people I'm praying for with cancer. What's up with that? We had a special prayer time at church Sunday. I'm a little embarrassed to admit our church doesn't have organized prayer time during the service other than opening, closing & praying during offering. But the "altars were open" and I was astonished at the number of people who came down to ask for prayer for themselves or on behalf of others. They even had the choir go down and pray with people (that wasn't the plan, we were supposed to sing another song).

Keep praying for each other.

2 comments:

Growin' With It said...

prayer support for others truly is the best kind of love we can give! glad your hubby is doing better!

Beverly said...

OK. I will.

Oh, and love the new background!!