My in-laws celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary over the weekend. We drove up to Tulsa Friday, arriving at midnight. I'm one of the luckiest/blessed people in the world to be apart of this family. I've never, in 27 years of marriage, had a cross word with either of them. They are Godly, unselfish people with old fashioned values. My father in law has had many health issues and we always thought he'd be the one to have problems. But about five or six years ago, my mil, began having weird problems with her legs. It started out as "restless leg syndrome" and escalated through the years until they diagnosed her with Neuropathy. This amazing lady gets around with a walker if she's going to church or just out a little bit but most of the time, she uses her scooter. To watch her not be able to care for us the way she wants (cooking til she's blue in the face) has been heartbreaking. She's in alot of pain, yet she never complains. They moved away from our hometown three years ago to be near their daughter. This has added two more hours onto our long drive home, so it's really a big deal if we go without a three day weekend. Here they are feeding each other cake
Aren't they sweet?
This bizarre pic is of D & his bro. They are 19 months apart and when the two of them get together, they are nuts. I think there was something about the vulcan mind grip or something here. Either that, or they are just really weird......
This is my niece, Brooke. She and Jordan are a two years apart and are two peas in a pod. They crack each other up and talk to each other quite a bit. They live in Arkansas. We think she and J look more alike than any other two in the family.
Are you still reading? Here's a pic from 1981 just for you LR.
I remember when the photographer took this pic that I was hoping my hair wasn't messed up...it was. Our football team went to the state finals that year. We lost, but it was fun to go and play in the big stadium in Tulsa. 


9 comments:
i don't know what's making me GRIN HUGE at the moment:
your new look and fun song...
your fil with his mouth open while feeding his love the cake...
the weird brother picture
or of course
THE BATON TWIRLER!!! oh you love me, you sweet thing. awfully adorable of you laura. and i think your hair looks great, it's the pom poms on your boots that crack me up. my mom had some just like that and i loved wearing them.
but 1981...you spring chick you. ahh the 80's weren't we pretty?
I'm smiling, too. What great pictures and a wonderful weekend!
Love the song and the blog!!! Great pic of the "boys", they were doing a Vulcan grip thing because of Clint's shirt, they were laughing about it, and it went to Star Treck, which went to...well you know how they are! Sorry we couldn't be there as long as we wanted. K has a virus and then last night Andrew coughed for two hours, the same cough that K started out with, so took them both to the dr...yeah he has an ear infection!!! Love you so much!
the baton twirler won an award on my blog today!☺
Congratulations to your inlaws. 65 years together! & Happy birthday to your father-in-law.
It's wonderful to have such great inlaws.
(I feel the same way about mine)
That's such a cute picture of your son and his cousin and I LOVE the one of you with your baton!
Good morning! Wow, that is no small feat, 65 years and continuing.
I was standing on the road waiting for you to pass by so I could wave at you!!!
Super cute new layout.
Sa-weet pics of your family - especially the IL's. I pray that's me with the CBOTB when we're in our 80's.
The twirler. Ahhhhh...the twirler. Nowadays, those girls are in a wee bit more skimpy of an outfit. yikes! Love the Farrah Fawcett hair - you were/are adorable!!
I e-mailed you my address.
You are too sweet and too thoughtful!
CONGRATS TO YOUR INLAWS ON THEIR 65 YEARS,
MY IN LAWS LIVE IN THE TULSA AREA ALSO...
MY DAUGHTER GRADUATED FROM BROKEN ARROW.
WE ARE OSU FANS...MY DADDY A FAITHFUL OU FAN AND WHENEVER OSU IS NOT PLAYING WE CHEER FOR OU.
YOU HAVE ADORABLE SONS
YOU WERE A BEAUTIFUL TWILER WHEN TWILERS STILL WORE CLOTHING...I WAS A RIFLE TWILER IN THE AMERICAN LEGIONETTES IN 1970-1973...THE LAST TIME FOR OUR LEGIONETTE COLOR GUARD.
IT HAS BEEN FUN MEETING SOMEONE WHO USE TO LIVE IN OKLAHOMA.
BLESSINGS
debbie
Post a Comment