Sunday, February 8, 2009

WEDDING WEEKEND NUMBER ONE

Sorry I've been away from blogging this week. Not much blog worthiness and it seemed like I had errands to run every day this week. One entire day was devoted to shopping for an outfit for Megan's wedding. Gag me with a spoon! It was awful. The only dresses I found were designed for teenagers, size 2! Our church is very informal and in choir, we usually wear jeans or black slacks and whatever color solid shirt that will match the screen backdrop (usually black, gray or white). So, I'm really in the poor farm when it comes to dressing up (can I get an amen, Bev?). Anyway, I found a bright pink/black blouse that I wore with a pair of dressy black capris with pink beads on the hem. I looked okay. I have another wedding in March that will require a lot nicer outfit. I have four weeks to find it. It might take all 28 days too.



The wedding Saturday was at a bed and breakfast in San Marcos, Texas. Actually, it was outside and the reception was in a huge tent. When my friend Kim told me they had booked this b & b AND it was going to be outside AND on Feb. 7th, I thought she'd lost her mind. But, it turned out to be the most beautiful day so far this year. It was probably 75 degrees all day and in the upper 60's for the wedding. I didn't want to take many pictures during the ceremony because I was afraid it was distracting. But I could not resist getting this shot

They are washing each other's feet! I've never seen that done at a wedding before and even though I knew it was coming, I shed a few tears. Before that, her sister began the ceremony singing "Revelation Song". For a moment, I felt the urge to stand, raise my hands and worship but then remembered I was at a wedding. Tears then too.


The seating was L shaped. We chose to sit on the groom's side since Clint was with us and he graduated with the groom. We also figured there would be more people on the Bride's side, so we tried to even it out. I'm so glad we sat where we did because this gave me a chance to see not only the bride, but also her parents. Kim and I made eye contact once and I gave her a wink. Remember the blog from last month about this beautiful girl that got hit with the brick while driving home? http://sooneraggiemom.blogspot.com/2009_01_01_archive.html well, what I didn't tell you in that blog is that the wedding location they had chosen, had paid a deposit and had started planning back in the fall, WENT OUT OF BUSINESS AND TOOK THEIR MONEY!! They filed chapter 7 which means people will never get their money back. So then, Megan had to start looking for another location along with hundreds of other brides. Rachel Ray heard about it and threw a huge wedding for 40 couples at Minute Maid park in September. Megan said as much as she loves the Astros, she didn't want to be married there. They had quite a time finding a place. They didn't get married at our church because that it was going to cost a huge fortune just for the location. It didn't include a wedding consultant or anything. So the "great wedding search" began for them. It was beautiful and we got a weekend out of town too.


They are singing "Summer Nights" from Grease. Too funny. Here's J and I having a little dance.

And if you want to spice up your wedding reception without alcohol, invite teenagers. Megan and Frank, as well as her parents all work with the youth at church so there were plenty of them there. Watching them dance was hilarious!


To change the subject....please pray for my hubby. He is in a high pressure job that is really getting to him. It seems like something major happens everyday that is his responsibility to manage. Everytime he thinks he has his ducks in a row, a couple of them get out of line!

Happy Monday everyone!

Laura




9 comments:

Mama2hre said...

I've never seen foot washing at a wedding either. Very neat. Will be praying for your hubby. :)

Growin' With It said...

i hate feet. but i do think this idea is neat. i am SO gonna go email you right now. what is up?! and the wedding looked beeeeautiful. especially that girl in hot pink!☺

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of footwashing at a wedding but it is a beautiful idea! And you looked beautiful in pink. :o)

I will likely follow your blog and not post too often (it gets CRAZY busy around here) but I really do exist!

P.S. And what a handsome dance partner you have!

Anonymous said...

And praying for your hubby, too! :o)

valerie said...

You look so pretty in pink, Laura.

The wedding looked like it was perfect and lots of fun.
I'm glad they were able to find such a nice place and very thankful the weather was so lovely.

I'll keep your husband in my prayers. It's hard seeing them under stress like that.

Hope you have a great week!
Love,
Valerie

Al's World said...

I am sure you looked beautiful!!! What a fun wedding!! I will be praying for D, and will have David too. WE love you sooooo much!!!

Yolanda said...

Laura,

that was such a cool thing for the husband and wife to wash one another's feet. Way cool!

Lovingly,
Yolanda

Beverly said...

Lots of prayers for D. I understand that high-pressure job stuff. (not for me but for Richard!!!)

You definitely can get an AMEN about having to dress up these days!! When we start wearing jeans and flip flops to weddings - we're really gone, right? You were a hottie in your pick with Jordan!

RamblinRealtor said...

Laura--you looked awesome in PINK!!
I'm not into the feet thing, I can't even get a pedicure! Issues...I have a ton of them! ;)