Monday, April 13, 2009

NOT MUCH HERE TODAY

I think I began last Monday's post that way too. But really, I'm thankful to say, it's boring around here this week. Now this weekend, I plan on seeing old friends, but that's a post for next week. But for today, well, I've been to the gym already. I was pretty embarrased when a friend's hubby spotted me biking and came over to say hello. Ewwwww! Maybe I'll wear sunglasses next time and hide.

We had a nice quiet Easter Sunday. Our choir didn't do anything special, just backed up the praise team so it was pretty low key. We had to walk to our spots on the risers in the semi-dark. Scarry for a somewhat clumsy person like myself. Hubby and sons left after the 2nd service and I stayed to sing in the 3rd. When I got out to the lobby, it was raining cats and dogs! And where was my under-rella? In the car, of course. I took off my jacket and put it over my head but was still soaking wet by the time I got to my car.

Lunch was in progress when I got home. I had left instructions on what to do and was pleasantly surprised when it was all under control. The sun came out by 1:00 and it was a beautiful afternoon! C's girl came over after lunch and we enjoyed visiting with her. They are a cute couple and really enjoy being together. I think back to last May when the "big breakup" happened and wondered if he'd ever be the same. God really wrapped us up and took care of us thru that whole ordeal. I'm very thankful for that.

It's b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l outside so I think I'll go poke around in the flower beds.

Happy Monday everyone!

4 comments:

Al's World said...

Love you so much! Glad you had fun with C and his girl..where was J's? Counting the days to see you...hope you have fun with old friends! Watch Amazing Race?

valerie said...

Those break ups are hard aren't they.
I'm glad C. has a girl he enjoys and one y'all enjoy too.

That 's funny about your friend seeing you at the gym.

I'm proud of you for going. I won't even get myself on the treadmill at my house!

It rained here all day Sun. but we needed it.
Glad it turned out nice there.

O Fam said...

I am so with you about running into people at the gym!! I am sweaty, dirty, no makeup, hair pulled back, etc..

Glad you had a good Easter!! Sounds like a fun day with family.

Beverly said...

Don't know why - but that comment about last May and the break up made me get misty! Probably just remembering how difficult that was for you all and knowing he now has a sweet gf...

I just love happy endings!