My hubby bought a motorcycle in April. Not just any motorcycle, a Harley! Yep, mild manner D. joined the ranks of Hog owners. This isn't his first bike. He had one when he was a teenager.

Tee hee, he doesn't know I'm posting that. He used to ride this bike to my house back in 1980.
I've only been on one ride on the new bike. He got it right after I had knee surgery and he didn't want to take a chance of crashing us and hurting my knee again. Never mind that I've been finished with physical therapy since May. My knee is as good as new and I'm a little more worried about road rash than a knee injury. Anyway, we went to the Harley store Saturday and bought me a helment of my very own. He was still a little nervous about taking me out but I wore him down (I whined) and we went for a ride. It was so much fun!!


I felt like a dog hanging it's head out the car window going for a ride. I didn't bark at anyone though (cats don't bark).
There are a lot of guys at our church that ride. And some gals too. Our pastor's wife has a reputation of driving faster than any of the men. D's made some new friends and has gone on rides with guys from our Bible Study class. I go out to lunch, he goes on bike rides. The guys don't visit, they just ride.
I guess it's the same concept of socializing, only there's no talking.
Just riding.



3 comments:
i'm curious where you got to sit on his bike from the 80's. way to go hog mama! (and i say that with love). your *dog's head out the window* comment made me crack up!
It's funny that bike is sitting in Michael's garage...wonder if Holly rides on it! You make me laugh girl, I love you and I am glad that you rode on it, you are a lot braver than I am!
Aye yi yi! You have just gone to the top of my "impressive" list. Did you get some leathers? (don't know what I'm really talking about - I've just heard that somewhere!) Love the pics of you and D!
Post a Comment