Friday, September 26, 2008

THE ROOF, THE SQUIRREL, THE LIZARD....

Excuse me while I finish my hysterical laugh at Linda's eyebrow blog.

Okay, the insurance guy came yesterday. He told us he'd been working in Louisiana where they talk funny. Trying to break the ice, I said "we're from Oklahoma, we talk funny too". He said "I'm an Okie too!!" Yippee, we're off to a good start! He looked at our pictures of the wet room then went up and started measuring and taking pictures of his own. Told us we'd done an excellent job of drying the room and he didn't smell any mold. He went outside and put his ladder against the house and climbed right up and started walking around. I thought D. was gonna puke! He called late and said $22,000 should cover half of the roof (they only pay to fix the side the damage is on), the walls, ceiling, electrical, floor etc. Then minus the $2800 deductible and $3400 "recoverable depreciation" leaves us with about $15K.

Remember when I said a contractor was going to come yesterday? Well, he didn't come so now we're looking for another one. D. sent an email yesterday to a guy in our church and we're waiting to hear back from him. Kinda makes me want to learn how to multi-task.

I've been watching the squirrel this morning. Bailey is going crazy. I put her outside in the back and told her to go find the backyard squirrel. Between her running back and forth inside the house between the two front windows and the squirrel going back and forth between the two trees, I'm getting dizzy. I took a picture just because I didn't have any other pictures to post. Then I saw a lizard on the tree and took it's picture too. It's a slow news day. WE have these lizards all over the place down here. One day D. was sitting in the living room and one was on the arm of the chair!! That was the end of THAT lizard! They say they're good for the flower beds.






Haven't mentioned Clint lately. He's doing well at college. He's keeping busy working and had his first round of tests last week. Did great on a couple and not so great on a couple. Guess that evens everything out. He hasn't been home yet to see all the damage around here. How come he gets to miss out on the fun? There could be a new gal lurking around (did I say lurking? didn't really mean it that way). He's not talking much about her though.

Here's a pic of Bailey. I just thought it was cute.


I had just finished vacuuming the stairs. She's scared of the vacuum but not of the lawn mower. I don't get it.

I think I'll go look at paint colors now. Looks like I'll be handling that chore for sure.

4 comments:

Growin' With It said...

i'm here to make you laugh you know...we all need it lately don'tcha think? c saw that first pix on my blog and gasped. it wasn't a pretty gasp either!

oh bailey...bailey, bailey, bailey...you've captured my heart and i'm convinced our dogs should meet now. squirrel chasing IS an art and sounds like he's got it down!

okay, that was not a lizard...more like a dinosaur. creepy. yucky, strange looking. although sad to hear about the armchair kind!

boy laura, i do hope things start looking brighter for you there. i know its probably tough waiting and then hearing not so great news and waiting some more.

glad you have painting to look forward to. i love to paint! so pick a bright color that makes you smile even brighter when you slap it on!

hugs.

Growin' With It said...

btw. i was the QUEEN of our castle growing up in pacman. this addition on here has made me angry this morning. the keyboard does not show my best scoring. those old joysticks rocked!!!

O Fam said...

I loved the part about the girl "lurking". I will file that one away. Any girl who comes around must be lurking when it comes to my son. Becasue he doesn't like girls, only tolerates his sister and loves his mama. I am sure Clint is the same way...

Happy Redecorating!

Beverly said...

There's a Lowe's 5 minutes from my house if you need my input on paint colors!!! haha

So they're only going to fix HALF of your roof??? I hope my fast "catch up" reading was incorrect! Hope it's all going well!