Oh the pressure to post a creative blog. I've started a new one a couple of times this week, but just can't get into the groove. When I first began posting, I wrote "My kids are almost grown, I don't work outside the house anymore, I have no life". In other words, I don't have much material to draw from.
I thought about posting pics of Bailey doing something funny, but she's even been boring lately. Minnie, the cat...well she just sleeps all day.
I could post about the Houston Astros. I LOVE BASEBALL. Always have. I played softball growing up, played in ladies' church leagues and even played co-ed with D. a little bit (those men sure take it seriously). "We" coached both boys little league teams and we still go to high school games here. This is a very serious baseball town with many, many kids getting college scholarships and even a couple going straight to the big league. Last year our town was going crazy when a recent THS graduate pitched for the Astros a couple of games. Talk about M-A-D when the Astros traded him in the off season! I'm still fuming about that. In 2005, the Astros made it to the world series! We are very fortunate to get free, great tickets from D's work. We were at the game when they clenched the wild card series from Atlanta after 18 innings! I didn't think that game would ever end. Here's what it looked like when we finally won
That's about a zillion pounds of confetti. Glad I didn't have to clean up that mess.
Since that world series season (which we lost), they haven't done so well. This year started off bad, got better, got worse and is now looking up again. We've won 8 games in a row and I'm wondering if they've found their groove again. There are only 17 regular season games left and to make the playoffs, we have to win most of them and the other two teams ahead of us in the division need to lose.
Well, there ya go. A post about baseball from a mom who finds herself watching the games on TV every night, usually alone, yelling when they do good and rolling my eyes when they do bad, as if that can help them.
Next post....watching paint dry
Thursday, September 4, 2008
THIS BLOGGER'S BLOCKED
typed all by herself... SoonerAggieMom at 8:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
oh come on...anything you have to say is interesting! btw, i like that picture of D where you've left the roses colored. pretty!
keep the posts coming girl. it helps me avoid housework!
I love it! You even make baseball interesting. I'm going to recite your post to Richard and he will be so impressed with my pretend baseball skillz. tee hee.
Hey there girlie.....I read your blog all the time...just new to this comment thing! Now I can't imagine your life being boring...and what happened to the Hallmark job? Hey, there are days I wish I was still sorting cards...real estate can be a bear!
Well, those are my kids! Crazy huh!
I feel SO old...and the anti wrinkle stuff isn't exactly turning back the years...lol!
Glad to hear from ya...tell D ya'll need to move back and I know an awesome Realtor who can find you a house! :)
Marcey
I am glad to know something new about you....I had no idea you were such an Astros fan! Go Rangers!! (now there's a good team)
Post a Comment