One of my girlfriends called me last Friday and asked me if I was up to a night away from home. Is the sky blue? the grass green? Of course I'm ready for a night away! She had a Dr. visit in San Antonio and her hubby couldn't go so me and another gal went. We left Sunday afternoon and took the simple three hour drive over to San Antonio. We stayed in the swanky Le Mansion Omni hotel. We roamed around the Riverwalk before visiting the Harley store (always looking for a T-shirt) and Ben & Jerry's ice cream. We decided we'd eat supper at Boudrou's restaurant. My friend LeAnne's soup came in a bowl that we thought looked like a flying saucer.

We ordered gaucamole that they prepare at your table. YUM! I was too busy eating it to take a picture of it. We enjoyed the evening and I took these pretty photos. We got home about 6:00 last night. What a relaxing time. I wonder if I could do that every weekend?


I was a little worred about leaving J to fend for himself Monday morning (yes, hubby was here, but he's not as nice as I am). I've really had a problem getting him to get up in the mornings and get moving. This is the child that will be off at college next year. But, he got himself up, let Bailey out, fed her and Minnie, prepared his own breakfast of "already cooked bacon" and toast and left in plenty of time. Attaboy! There's hope for him.
I don't know what possessed me, but I volunteered to make a slide show for the seniors at Project Prom. Even more bizarre is me volunteering hubby and myself to WORK ALL NIGHT at Project Prom. Anyway, I've already been receiving emails of the seniors. I've never done it before so this morning after I downloaded a couple of pics, I went over to Le Target to buy a pack of dvds to download to. Do you know how many different kinds there are? I hope I picked the right one. I'll let ya know how that goes.
It's pretty today. No rain for the week! Yay!!
Happy Tuesday everyone.



7 comments:
JEALOUS!!!! To live in a world where you can go at a jump like that...not that i would change my kiddos, but...:) I think that J will surprise you on how responsible he will be when push comes to shove! You have raised him right!
JEALOUS X2!!!!! I LOVE San Antonio. I want to go back, the last time I was there was last April! Looks like you had a great time, always nice to have a weekend away. :o)
so you are going to be a chaperone? you rock laura. hope you have a blast!!
we took a vacay to san antonio and loved it. only 3 hours huh? hmm....
Last August my daughter and I attended the Beth Moore Siesta Fiesta in San Antonio and loved it!
How fun for you gals to get away together like that.
Oh, and that Mexican food sounds so good.
I love guacamole!
Glad you had a fun-filled weekend.
Good luck with the upcoming project and Project Prom.
I love those un-expected Girlfriend get aways. A few weekends ago, 3 of us rented "The Bunk House" and had a great mini-retreat over night.
Shoot me an e-mail Friend, I have a question for you.
Love,
Yolanda
I've never been to San Antonio, but I want to go!! I bet it is fabulous!
And, yes, that soup bowl did look like a flying saucer. Crazy, lol!!
I got that, Linda!!! bwahahaha
Yay for you and your friends to get out o' town like that! Looks like you had a great time.
Post a Comment