Monday, May 18, 2009

THE LAST PROM

It's been a very emotional couple of weeks around here. First with Mother's Day then with J. breaking up with his gf, getting ready for the prom, etc. I had a slight meltdown yesterday. I read a facebook update yesterday that sorta pushed me over the edge...."Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable". The poster? J's ex gf. I came THIS CLOSE to sending her a message telling her how sorry I am that my son broke her 17 year old heart. But then I remembered the days he spent trying to figure her and her moodiness out, dealt with her parents issues, and really was a very good boyfriend to her. I didn't send the message. I figured that would open up a can of worms that I just can't deal with right now. This post is supposed to be about the prom and since I will not post very many of these to my facebook because of said ex gf, I'm going to share them here.
The guys in his group wanted to be different, so they chose white tuxedoes instead of black. Isn't he pretty? His date was a girl he works with and has known a long time. She graduated last year from a different school than J, but knows some of the same people. She fit right in with the group.

You'll notice it isn't very sunny in this picture. It hadn't rained in a couple of weeks until about 5 minutes after this picture was taken. It then POURED DOWN! However, the home we were at was amazing and had a huge covered outdoor kitchen. Plenty of room for these goof balls.
The whole group (I don't know why one guy has on a black tux, must've not gotten the message)
Then we went into the amazing house and took this picture on the staircase. I wonder if they would adopt me?
Don't you love his pastel/polka dot umbrella? Hummer limo!
Here's a pic of most of their group at the all-night after party. Hubby and I arrived there at 11:15 p.m. and it was over a little after 5:00. We got home about 5:45 a.m. Hubby went right to sleep but I was awake most of the day. I'll probably need a nap this afternoon.

They ordered matching shirts for the party with their names on the back. J's date was a very good sport even though her name wasn't correct. One last pic of him and one of his buds. I'm gonna miss them.
Since I'm finished with the slideshows (which they LOVED), I can now start getting ready for graduation. Most of our family will be here and my house hasn't had a good old fashioned cleaning, well probably since C. graduated in 2006. I have lots to do to get ready.
Happy Monday everyone.

6 comments:

Growin' With It said...

so tell me that the name on the back of her shirt wasn't the ex's name.....i said this to make you laugh sweet friend!

see, it all turned out great. and boy i will join you in the emotions this week. when is graduation btw?

Penny said...

What awesome pictures! Glad J and his date had a great time.

Facebook is so annoying sometimes. I actually have blocked people for reasons just like the one you just gave. It just really aggrivates (and sometimes hurts) when people write rude things on public forums when YOU see them.

Al's World said...

Okay, I am so calling you we need to have a good sit down talk!

Second, there is no way that can be little jordy, did you see him so handsome....it makes me so sad to think of him all grown up...he was almost Andrew's age when i first entered into this family...also I am not looking forward to life going by this fast for my little ones...ugh!!!

Love you so!

Anonymous said...

What a bunch of great looking kids! And those dimples on your son... cuuu-uuute. :-)

valerie said...

Great pictures!
The home looks absolutely beautiful! I want to be adopted too. :)

I feel for you with the break up and all. As parents we become attached to the ones our kids date and of course we feel for our kids especially when a break up happens or if they've been hurt.

I went through this with both of my kids. One girl broke my son's heart and then started dating one of his best friends. That was tough. It's all good now. I'm even friends with the gal now. :)

I know you're glad to have prom over with and can now look forward to graduation.

That will be a wonderful day with your family & friends there.

Your son is so handsome, by the way. Love the white tux.

I'll be thinking about you Laura.
Enjoy!!!

Love ya,
Valerie

Beverly said...

Seriously...I am so misty and working to not just break out in the ugly cry!!! I can't believe he is graduating and how absolutely handsome he was in his tux and the next time he wears a tux it might be for his wedding and just yesterday he was in my 4th grade class at EHC!!!

Wow. Wow. Wow.