We're getting ready for our family to come down for J's graduation in two weeks. We do most of the visiting in our family, so when people come down here, it's a huge deal!! We worked SO HARD this weekend, I can barely move! The weekend started off on a fabulous note with dinner with the R family. I'd do that link thing, but I'm in a hurry. They will be moving within 30 minutes of us in the next month. It will be great to have another friend here and I'm so thankful God is using them in our area!
Saturday was our clean up day. Living in Houston, we've found the need to power wash our drive-way and patio area every few years. If we don't, the mold turns all concrete black! It's nasty and you don't realize how bad it is until you start washing it off. It took me and the two sons until about 6:00 pm to get everything clean. Hubby and whoever wasn't power washing was installing our new storm door. Things I took for granted in Ok, don't apply here. We've lived here 6 1/2 years and are finally getting around to putting it up. That also took most of the day. In between those chores, I decided to scrub the grout in the kitchen. I was about a quarter of the way thru when I got up to take a break. I sprayed some more cleaner and walked away to check on the door crew. I came back in the back door and completely forgot about the floor being wet! Both feet flew out from under me and I landed smack on my hiney! Bonked my head on the refrigerator (the fridge is ok) and possibly broke my pinky toe (AGAIN). This is a once a summer occurance nowadays. It's a lovely shade of blue today. That concluded Saturday.
Sunday we slept in (we never miss church but none of us were moving very quickly). About 10:00 we started the next job of the weekend....stripping the front door. Oh my word, what a job!!! I will never, never, ever do that again! Here's what the door looked after sanding for the better part of two days

These are my friends

These are not my friends

Hubby thought for sure we could sand the door BY HAND. J. went to his friend's to borrow one of the sanders and I went to Home Depot and bought the second one. He'll find himself doing chores alone next time he pulls that.
We stained it and put it back up late last night. We still have to put the shiny coat on, but that can wait until our muscles don't ache so much. Bailey thinks it's all for her.

Which it is.
Happy Tuesday everyone!



5 comments:
yeah bailey...a whole new view! oh you poor thing laura. welp, at least it wasn't a fall in public where you wanna look around quick to see who saw? soooo good seeing you. can't wait to see ya again after your trip!
hugs.
Thank you for doing all of that for us! It will be appreciated, I can't wait to see it! I hope your bottom is okay, as well as your toe! Love you!
I bet you're exhausted. I was just reading all you did.
Hope your hiney is ok too.
The door looks great, by the way.
Our schools are already out. You guys must go longer there in Texas.
Oh my gosh, I'm glad you're okay!!! The door looks beautiful, though. =)
I had to go take a nap just reading all the work you did!! :)
I do hope you're ok after that fall. Glad it was just a pinky toe that got hurt.
Post a Comment