Ya'll know it doesn't take much to amuse me. But I'm really excited about this plant! I planted this Bird of Paradise in spring 2003. The first summer, it had three leaves on it. It's grown and spread but hasn't bloomed. I've pulled the weeds from around it, watered it, read books about it, kept the crazy bush next to it trimmed so it will get sun. I've even thought about moving it to a sunnier place. But it hasn't done anything but grow larger. I looked at it yesterday, and by golly, the thing is about to bloom! I couldn't believe it. This plant reminds me of my son, Clint. Ya'll know what's been going on in his life lately and I feel like he's about to bloom. I've watered him (baptized him), read books about him (Dobson & Leman), tried to keep the weeds from growing (I don't think the weeds were my fault), and even moved him into an apt. with different roommates. But now, after the heartbreak and hitting bottom, he's about to bloom! I can see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice. I couldn't be prouder of him.
I don't know how long it will take for this flower to open up, but I'll post it when it does. I wish I could say I planned for Bailey to be looking at the plant, but she was really looking for her obsession....mr. squirrel.




3 comments:
So...I didn't realize you had a blog. I enjoyed reading it!!! I wish my "other" friends...l and B...would tell me these things! Love ya...great post. I am glad you are going through these things so I know who to come to in a few years!!
what a great post laura. beautiful way to look at things in your life these days.
oh and *dale* (my beagle) wants tips from bailey on how to actually catch those naughty squirrels that taunt him.
He will bloom and be a better man for it all! Don't forget - through water and fire to a place of abundance!!! Adult children......aye yi yi.
About that plant - it is beautiful and your thumb must be really green. I remember how lovely your whole yard was when we were down there FOREVAH ago! Please come to my house and talk my plants into being kind and beautiful for me.
Post a Comment