Thursday, July 17, 2008

FINALLY!! the day I've waited for!

So far I have four readers of my blog. All four of you know how hard it was for me to move to hOUston (I like to spell it that way). You also know it's been 5 and a half years since I left my church, family, friends, job and choir. The road to finding a church home was very bumpy. We've been going to The Met for three years and I've been in choir there 18 months. I've made several friends and don't feel "alone in a big room" there anymore. We're doing a big push for new choir members and last night THREE of my "new" friends came! I didn't know they were coming and by the time I jumped out of my chair to hug them at the door, I realized how thankful and happy I was at that moment. For the first time, I felt like I BELONGED there! I can't tell you how happy I was. I was probably glowing all evening long and our leader probably wondered why I was all smiley (wait, he's from Oklahoma too and understands me). So, thank you for praying for me and listening to me whine. Reminds me of that old verse my Mom would say: Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other is gold. Y'all are my gold friends.

Still waiting for the plant to bloom. I go out and look at it everyday.

5 comments:

Growin' with it said...

girl...you basically wrote a post from my own heart. i feel your loneliness and rejoice w/ you in new friends. it can be so hard sometimes. proud of ya!

Beverly said...

WOO HOO!! (Jumping up and down with you) I can SO feel your excitement in your post and am so happy for you. I know we just "reconnected" recently but I can tell what a sweet blessing this is for you. Makes me think of the verse in Psalms: Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. (I'm sure that was the NABV - New American Beverly Version.) Enjoy this new season in your life!

O Fam said...

God is so faithful! I agree with the other two chics who wrote first.

MelanieJoy said...

Hello....I'm sooooo sorry it's taken me so long to stop by and say hello. The last couple of weeks have been crazy...
Anyway, I'm so excited for you about having some friends joining you!!!! I love it when that silly kid like grin won't leave your face because of a happy moment!!

Al's World said...

Yeah!!! I am so glad that you felt that peace, you more than anyone deserve it! I can't tell you how much fun we had, or how much you mean to me. I REALLY miss you and CANNOT wait to see you again! I love you sooooo much!