Monday, August 18, 2008

I NEED A VACATION FROM MY VACATION!!

We got home last night around 8:00. I went to bed at 1:30. I'm NOT a night owl and will probably need a nap today. I have much to tell you but have even more laundry to do. Clint moved his stuff home about an hour before we left last Friday and I just got a look at his laundry. I don't think he did laundry all summer! Seriously, I bet there's five or six loads of his alone!



We had a good week in spite of the rain. What's that saying....a bad day at the lake is better than a good day of work? Just being with our friends and family means a lot to us. My best friend passed away on Tuesday and her funeral was Friday. She had cancer for four and a half years. We saw people we hadn't seen in many years at the service. Seeing old school teachers was fun for us and the boys got a kick out of them saying they could tell stories on us (we quickly changed the subject). I'll blog about her someday, but not today. Even when you know death is imminent, it's still hard to let go. She's pain free and with Jesus and that's all that matters.



I'd better get busy. I've got blogs to read and comments to make. I also have to go to the grocery store today. I meant to put the loaf of bread in the freezer so we'd at least have sandwiches for lunch, but I forgot. The date on the bread is August 10th.



It's good to be home. I missed ya'll.



3 comments:

Growin' With It said...

oh laura, i'm so sad about your friend. what a long battle. i love your thoughts about her being free now. God's comfort is like none other, huh?!

so yea, we've missed ya! and speaking of laundry...i snapped one of ours the other day and thought about putting it up on my blog. talk about airing your dirty laundry...literally!

enjoy being back home!

Beverly said...

So glad you are back. I know a little something about adult man/boy laundry - it might just get up and walk itself to the washer! P. U.!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. (I had heard about her from one of my friends who found your blog from my blog. I'll e-mail you later on 'bout that.) I was wondering if you went home for the funeral. I've been praying for peace for you and her family. Love you, girl!

Al's World said...

It was great to see you, if only for a short while. I love you so much and have been praying for you and for Mel's family.