Monday, August 25, 2008

CHURCH UNDER THE BRIDGE


I went to church yesterday under an overpass in downtown Houston.


I've been to quite a few churches in my life, but never one with 18 wheelers passing overhead, or people mowing in the background, or with homeless people.


Our choir participated in this ministry. We led worship first then one of our pastors brought a message. We then fed over 200 homeless people. Talk about an eye opening experience. Very humbling for me.


Did I mention it was hot, smelly and exhausting? Did I mention the humbling part? It really put my "problems" into perspective for me. A swift kick in the pants would have worked too.


1 comments:

Growin' With It said...

how sweet to read this post after we just got back from our downtown area and i felt worn out (just from driving around and looking). we don't do near enough outreach here. sad. and it sure does change your focus/perspective huh?

glad you survived the heat. ;o)