Girlfriends, you know what's been going on at my house this summer. Heartache seems to have settled in and is rearing it's ugly head again. It's been up and down and right now it's pretty down. C has been back peddling lately, surly attitude, quick temper, just all around grumpiness. When he found out "B" will be at college for at least the first semester, all his growing suddenly stopped. This wasn't his plan. Don't even get me started on plans.
I decided a few weeks ago I would paint his room. My way of "cleansing" the house of old memories for him. I even painted the ceiling (don't do it, it's very hard). We bought a new comforter, took out the dresser, put in a cool chair from Ikea and a TV table. Today I started tackling his closet. It didn't take long before I was standing there crying as I looked through T-shirts that meant so much: his one and only choir tour shirt, jr. high retreat shirts from EHC, the first church we attended here had T-shirts for the youth everytime we turned around, retreats from our current church, his first A & M shirts and tons of OU shirts. His letter jacket he couldn't wait to get now hangs in his closet. It hasn't been worn since 2006. Here's how it looks today


I know it's part of growing up....mine, not his. I'm going to go back up now to try to finish. I'm going to turn the radio up loud and praise while I'm working. There's a hurricane outside and the "bands of rain" haven't made it here yet. It's like a snow day only with rain, thunder and lightning. I could write a blog about "hurricane preparedness" and the ridiculous way the media here goes crazy. You know how the weather people in OK go on and on about storms? It's worse...it goes on for days!
I'm going to try to get out of this funk. The pity party needs to stop. I know three people battling cancer right now. It's just a closet and it's only clothes. Get a grip, Laura.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
GROWIN WITH IT MYSELF
typed all by herself... SoonerAggieMom at 10:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
i say cry...let it all out girl. i don't know how any mom "gets a grip" during all these tough seasons of life. crawl up in HIS lap, let it out and i am more than confident dear friend that your chin will rise up again soon. wish i could come lay on the floor and laugh at watching you try to paint the ceiling. how's that for a helpful friend?!
have i mentioned how LONG this post of mine is? welp, now there's something for you to look forward to when you get home from vacation...the deep dirt on me! have a wonderful time relaxing!
Huge (((((hugs))))) for you! As difficult as this is, I hope you find yourself giggling a little at all the memories those things can bring back!! I still have a picture of the boys in a van coming back from some retreat/camp/mission trip from about 7th grade on my fridge! Makes me smile on a daily basis. This is a crazy hard age to parent. (Not that we are parenting them so much!!) This is the age James Dobson needs to be writing VOLUMES about, right? The first 18 years were a breeze...
Love, love, love the new pictures of all of you on the side! That Jordan - I just want to squeeze him!
Turn that music WAAAAAAAY up and let loose! Our God can handle it!
Post a Comment