Friday, August 7, 2009

OOPS, NO POST SINCE JULY 24TH??

Sorry 'bout that chief. My sister used to say that to me when I was little. I didn't know until watching late night commercials that the phrase came from the old "Laugh-In" show. Anyway, I've been plenty busy lately and haven't stopped long enough to blog. I thought I'd better get a quick one done before the boys (yea, they're 21 & 18 but still my "boys") and I take off for a quick trip to the lake Sunday. Hubby will be out of town, summer school is finished and who wants to sit around doing nothing? So, we're heading up to God's country for a few days. We'll make a quick stop in OKC Sunday afternoon to visit some bff's before heading to Lake Eufaula Sunday evening. The last two summers we've been there, it has rained non-stop. I'm hoping for a drier week this year.

Wednesday marks the one year anniversary I lost my best girl, Melody. (http://sooneraggiemom.blogspot.com/2008/08/my-friend-melody.html) Please pray for her family next week as they remember her. (Her parents, in-laws, husband, and daughters.)

See ya next week!

3 comments:

Growin' With It said...

exhausted. that's how good i feel from today. happy exhausted! is this the annual trip w/ the overturfs? sounds like a blast. and a very special way to wrap up summer. ENJOY!

valerie said...

I'll be praying for Melody's family. These anniversaries and holidays are hard.

What part of Eufaula do you go to. We have friends who have a house at Porum. In fact, if Danny hadn't had to work this weekend we were invited down.

Have a wonderful time in God's country.
It is HOT today. I haven't watched the weather, but don't think it looks like rain at all where I am.

Be safe!

Penny said...

Praying for you and her family. Take care when y'all travel!!