Monday, August 24, 2009

MOVING DAY

First day of Kindergarten, Bakersfield, CA 1996

Whew, I'm so glad the weekend is over! Saturday was tough! I was doing okay until I saw Jordan standing at the bathroom sink in his boxers and my mind went back to a little boy standing on the blue bunny stool in his Power Ranger underwear! That was the first time I teared up. My sis in law sent me a text message at 9:30....tear up #2. Looking into my hubby's eyes at 10:00...tear up #3. I am proud to say, there were no melt downs until we drove away from their house at 8:00 pm. God gave us a sweet lightning storm to watch as we drove home. Kind of a sign that there's nothing too big for Him no matter where my sons live! All day I received text messages from my friends who were responding to my FB status update. That was great! Here's some pics of our day

Telling Bailey bye (tear up #10)
The moving van
Substitute first day of school picture
Entertaining us in his new room (note dad sitting in the corner)
We went to supper at Hullabaloo's (An Aggie word). We've driven by this place dozens of times but never thought about eating there. It's out in the boonies a bit and I saw it in the"Drive-In's, Diner's and Dive's" book, which hubby and I watch all the time. Sure enough, there were pics all over the place of Guy eating and filming the show there. Clint is hugging Paul, the 3rd roommate.

This is a pic of an autographed poster, behind glass that's making the glare. The food? Now I know why he did the show there....YUM BO!! By the time we left, there was a line out the door to get in and the place only has about 20 booths. Glad we went early.

When we arrived at the house, Clint and Hillary had a gift for us (tear up #23)
I NEVER drink Dr. Pepper anymore, yet you'll notice by the time we got home and I took this picture, part of it's gone. I drank a little more with lunch yesterday and even some last night. My tummy's a little upset today lol.

We had an emotional time at church yesterday too. Remember a few weeks ago when I posted about one of our worship minister's leaving? He's from Oklahoma and we Sooner fans stick together. Well, two weeks ago, we found out the lead worship pastor is ALSO leaving! Talk about rotten timing!! Yesterday was the first time our choir had been together since May. This pic is taken at 3rd service, which not as many people sing in. My very kind hubby went all the way up to the top row of the balcony to take pics for me. There's not much light on us, but I wanted pics of Kent before he left. The gal on praise team in the gray shirt is his wife. I'm going to miss them so much!
We will sing together next Sunday for the last time with him. He's been the worship pastor 7 years. We've been going there 4 years. I always tell myself "don't get too attached...they'll leave". It never works. I always get attached.

Thanks for staying with me for this long post. Thanks for your prayers as well. I felt them and would appreciate if you continue to pray for Jordan as he begins this next chapter in his life.


Happy Tuesday everyone.



6 comments:

Al's World said...

I thought of you all weekend...it was a crazy weekend..we got a new car! We are going through some emotional times around here as well...where does the time go? I am so sorry about all the pastor's leave, I will pray that an amazing man will be found that will lead your church in amazing ways! Love you so much!

Growin' With It said...

boy do i know what you mean on just wanting it to be over with. i felt that way all weekend. and what a whiner i feel like, especially after seeing that first photo of jordan. *sigh*...well laura, i will say YOU ARE AWESOME. that boy has turned into such an incredible young man and he obviously has had his mother's lovin' & prayers. you inspire me!

Mama2hre said...

Ha! I'm such a sap! I teared up 3 times just reading the post! Makes me realize that 4th grade and 2nd grade isn't so bad afterall! Congrats to you and your boys on making it through!

O Fam said...

Oh Laura, what a great post. Thank you for sharing. You and D have raised such great young men, but I know it is hard for them to be out on their own. My kids walked out the door to go to school by themselves this morning and I am wondering how I will know if they made it there safely..... I don't want to think about them leaving home. Hang in there!!!

Yolanda said...

It is so darn hard, when one isn't even allowed to say a good bye. Happened once, perhaps may be happening a second time. Both with children that God has brought into my life (not into my home, but into my life), apparently for a season, please say a prayer.

Penny said...

Awww...Don't tear up too much! =) Jordan's very lucky to have such a loving mom!