Ya'll know how much I love Beth Moore and read her blog. She posted an anniversary post today that she videoed (that's an odd word) around her office which is just down the street from my neighborhood. If you watch it on the third video, when she says to Melissa at about the 2:00 mark "that's too long baby, that's too long", if they would've turned left, they would have driven into my neighborhood! How cool is that? I saw her once at the mall near our house and was so shocked she was shopping at MY mall. I figured she'd be down at the Galleria shopping. I was with my hubby and I noticed her as a very thin lady with pretty eyes. It took a moment before it registered "THAT'S BETH MOORE". I stopped and turned around and told him it was her. He asked me why I didn't say hi to her. I said "I don't know". Then I was confused...should I chase her down? should I insist we turn around and follow her and hope she goes into Bath and Body Works and I could just non-chalantly greet her? Nope, I just kept on walking thinking she has a right to go to the mall in peace like the next person. But the next time I see her, you can be sure I WILL stop and talk to her and tell her how much her ministry means to me.
The first time I heard her speak was at a Ladies retreat at Falls Creek in 1995. It was three days after the OKC bombing and you can believe God spoke thru her! I had no idea who she was, but knew she was an annointed speaker....a little twangy (okay, a LOT twangy) but nevertheless, she brought comfort to that tabernacle. In 1997, I did her "A Woman's Heart; God's Dwelling Place" study. As soon as she started talking on the video, I said, "that's that lady from Falls Creek". I've been a fan ever since. No matter where I've lived, she's been there....in the TV, of course.
No big plans this weekend (imagine that). Clint will be home later tonight but he's going to two weddings tomorrow so we won't see much of him. It's so hot outside, we can't even work in the flower beds. I'm extremely upset right now anyway. Remember last year when I posted about my bird of paradise plant http://sooneraggiemom.blogspot.com/2008/07/ta-da.html? Well, I noticed it was getting ready to bloom again this year. Yesterday I was out pulling weeds and looking at all the dead things we can't water and I reached over the plant to cut the bush next to it AND KNOCKED OFF THE BLOOM!!! I was seriously stunned and thought I was gonna cry! The only thing that kept me from really getting mad at myself is that I noticed two other blooms on it. Whew....that could've sent me right over the edge!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Friday, July 10, 2009
RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE
typed all by herself... SoonerAggieMom at 5:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I do the SAME thing when I see people I "know". What causes that reaction to happen? It's always a moment of clarity, followed by a sudden freak-out, followed by another moment of clarity, directly followed by a slight bit of regret. Did ya follow that?! :)Sorry to hear about your Bird of Paradise bloom. You'll have to post pics when the intact blooms open.
Oh my goodness....I'm sorry, but I would have nonchalantly (sp??) followed and somehow hugged her neck! And flagged someone down to take our picture. I carry my camera in my purse for such occasions. I know she has a right to shop and have her privacy, but something really strange happens to "shy" Valerie when I see someone famous. :)
I love her to pieces. I've done a ton of her studies and have been to one of her conferences each year since around 2002. And you know I"ll be in Houston in Jan.
Besides Beth, I'll hopefully get to meet you.
I love what you said on a comment on my blog about just making up something to blog about. It reminded me of my sister's friend who is on face book and one time recently she said that she was at a Ranger's game. My sister wrote her and said "I didn't know you were going to a Ranger's game." She said she wasn't really there.....she just never had anything fun to put on her face book. Cracked me up.
Glad your Bird of Paradise plant is still alive. God knew you couldn't take it dying, huh?
Sorry for the novel! :)
Hello, what a fun post. I can't imagine, and I probably would have run Beth down, but I think that you did the right thing. And I bet she would hug your neck for having done so.
Neat how God provided two extra blooms on the bird of paradise.
It's hot here!!!
Lovingly,
Yolanda
aj & i watched an old version of "dennis the menace" last night...there is a part of it that makes me think of you...where "mr. wilson" misses watching the bloom of his prize flower that took 40 years to grow. hmm, well that wasn't very encouraging of me...was it!! ANYWAYS, where's your mall again? ☺ i forgot i'm so close to that famous woman. now i feel famous!
LOL!! I would have stalked her through the mall; wouldn't have been able to help myself. ;) She is soooo awesome. I love her, I love Nancy Leigh DeMoss, and I love Mark Driscoll. Sigh...I wish all of them lived around here...or would just come and speak. =D
Post a Comment