We accepted the insurance company's offer for Jordan's truck. I hung up the phone and burst into tears. Sat here bawling for a good 10 minutes....you know the praying, crying, whining cry. I haven't been this upset about anything since Rocky, the beautiful Sheltie, died in 2005.
IT'S JUST A PICKUP....GET OVER IT!!!
But it's Jordan's pickup that he loved and was so proud of. His first wheels. Have I mentioned he washed it weekly? Or that he has a box of HIS truck washing stuff that the rest of us have to ask permission to use? He entered this picture in a calendar contest and it won and was published in a Nissan Titan calendar. 

I continue to be thankful that he and Jeff weren't hurt and that the insurance offer is very generous. I don't take either of those things for granted. I'm thankful the girl HAD insurance and that it was from a reputable company that has worked with us quickly.
I guess this happened too quickly to him moving out, our turmoil in the worship ministry at church (although, our pastor last night told us in choir it isn't turmoil, but God's way of growing us to new heights) and a couple of other issues floating around here. Anyway, I'm gonna get over it today and start looking ahead to the next fun car he will drive.
Happy Thursday everyone!



2 comments:
Sometimes you need a good cry!
You've had a lot of changes and things going on in your life.
What a beautiful truck.
I can see why he was so proud of it.
I'm thankful the ins. co offered a generous payment.
On a different note.....yay for the Sooners today!
64-0!
Take care Laura. Have a good Sunday!
It's me again.....;)
I clearly heard (in my heart) God tell me the other day "Get over it!" about something I tend to think about way too much. He didn't say it in an ugly way, just in a matter of fact way. He's right. It's too small and dumb to keep worrying with.
Not meaning that your post is.
But I just came here this morning to see if you had an new post and those words "Get Over It" stuck out at me.
Have a great day and a great weekend!
It's gonna be a beautiful weekend here. PTL!!!
Danny's 50th outdoor party is tomorrow evening.
Love,
Val
Post a Comment